Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Do Something

No one seems to understand that you have to have a life to live. Most people sit at home and do nothing, basically wasting everything they were built for. In my opinion, we were all built to change the world, to do something. Yet everyone wastes all their time, their love, and their energy on something that doesn't matter. If all you were meant to do is have children, well so be it. At least you're doing something. If you're not, why were you born? Why do children go to school? To do something. People waste money, also. If you're not going to live, why go to school? Why not drop out early and go get drunk at the age of six and die at the age of ten? And that, people, is the plain truth.There is not one person that is brave enough to say it, to say "Why are you even here?".

If you've ever experienced real life, real love, you'd change yourself, you'd set yourself free. We are all angels, we just don't know how to fly. Maybe what we really need to do is get actual careers instead of working at McDonald's for the rest of your life. Because when I come back in twenty years and you're still working in the drive-thru, I'll laugh in your face because I actually made something of myself.

Unless you have a special permit that says I CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE I AM IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNLOVING, I don't see a reason for not doing something. It's people like you that ruin others, that ruin this country. Take that stamp off of your head and start. Jump in. Take a risk every once in a while.

Do something.

10 comments:

  1. You know what's really pathetic? In 2nd grade, all of the teachers for a day got to see what it was like o work at McDonalds. And one of them actually gave up their job to go work there!!why would anyone in their right minds do something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad...
    You get paid better teaching, too. At McDonald's all you get is minimum wage. Did you know that when a teaching positions opens at one of these schools, the average amount of applicants is 800? CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must have a pretty awesome school! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really passionate! Good job. It's refreshing to read what someone really feels about a topic. It left me, as a reader, wondering what it was that triggered this. It feels like there must have been some event that really provoked these thoughts. I'm not saying you should post that, but just wanted to let you know that my reaction became really invested in thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this piece showed a lot of your voice. I agree with you on how, as a person, you need to do something meaningful with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard a lot of voice. I like how you showed a lot passion in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is true that we have to do something. We have to be someone and do something with our lives. Many people just sit there and waste all of their days sitting there. I love how you said we should do something. Your writing is so passionate and has a good meaningful purpose. This was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE! I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE! But just for curiosity's sake, what career do you plan on pursuing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece was amazing! The voice is strong. You just forgot to add an Author's Note, but that's not really a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this piece. It's really harsh; and that's the best part. Raw reality is what everyone needs at some point and you're one of the people who gets it. I admire your openness but the only problem for me trying to do something with my life is the limitations people put on me and the rest of the teenage population. We need more freedom and encouragement to be able to reach our goals and dreams!! Thank you for this piece Natalie!!!

    ReplyDelete